Did a number with a £ sign pop into your head? Or did the question make you pause and wonder what the answer would be if you created a Balance Sheet for your life so far?
Actually, the purpose of the question is not to get you thinking about your finances. Rather, to pause and think about how much you are really willing to invest in yourself. What do you think you are worth?
Our primary relationship in life is with ourselves
You are the only person who has gone through every situation you have experienced in your life. Yet if you are like most people, you are probably very busy DO-ing, and forget about BE-ing. You forget to give yourself space to explore what you have learned from your experiences. You don’t give yourself space to explore what’s important to you now and what you want to create in the future. “There’s no time!”you say, with a To Do list that is like the Grimms’ fairy tale Magic Porridge Pot (it just keeps filling back up)!
Add to that the thousands of thoughts we have each day (expert opinion ranges between 33,000 – 80,000, whatever the truth, it’s a lot!) and it’s no surprise that we get distracted, overwhelmed and exhausted.
Relationships need to be nurtured. They need time and attention or they languish. Not just relationships with other people. Your relationship with yourself. How much time and energy do you invest in nurturing yourself? Here are three suggestions you could bring into your daily routine:
- Set a timer for 10 minutes when you first wake up, grab a notebook and pen, and just write whatever comes up for you. I have found this a really useful way to process events and to identify matters that really need my attention
- I can’t overstate the benefits of meditation! Personally, it brings me peace in the moment and has also created a more relaxed approach to life overall. I experience fewer triggers, and I handle stress more easily than ever before. The app, Insight Timer has over 15,000 free guided meditations you could explore
- Pause and connect with your vision and goals for the year for a few minutes each day to help you stay on track and keep your radar on alert for relevant opportunities that will move you towards achieving what you want
Refresh, Reset, Reboot
Sometimes we also need to give ourselves a focused period of time to get clear and refocus. That’s why I have created a one day retreat, Refresh, Reset, Reboot, for up to 8 people. Here’s how a previous participant describes it:
“A day to switch off from the outside world and align with your purpose; to address things that may be holding you back and leave feeling refreshed, enthusiastic and ready to take action”
This day is the perfect place to refresh your energy, create deeper connection and commitment to your goals, and emerge with renewed focus and clarity. The ideal foundation for the daily activities suggested above that will continue to nurture your relationship with yourself.
You have a choice of two payment options:
- EARLY BIRD: book by March 8th £250 + VAT (Regular price £300 + VAT)
- SHARE & SAVE: give yourself and a colleague / friend the gift of time to think – TWO places for £400 + VAT
Friday 29th March
9:30am – 4:30pm
Or contact Jane Bytheway via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977 732 186 to book your place.